8 Reasons to visit Ein Gedi
Ein Gedi is an oasis in Israel, located west of the Dead Sea, and has been an attractive location for tourists from around the world. Here are 8 great reasons one should visit Ein Gedi:
1. Ein Gedi is a fascinating nature reserve, with many beautiful sights. The land of the reserve spans an elevation of 200 meters above sea level to 423 below sea level, and includes two water streams fed by springs, which flow all year round.
2. The nature reserve of Ein Gedi is a home for many types of plants, trees and animals. Its vegetation includes various rare plants, tropical, desert and Mediterranean. There are also herds of ibex and hyrax, as well as nocturnal animals such as foxes and wolves, and many types of birds.
3. Ein Gedi features several interesting archaeological sites, such as the Chalcolithic Temple of Ein Gedi, dating from as far as 3500 B.C., and a village from the 1st century, as well as many others.
4. The kibbutz of Ein Gedi is one of the wealthiest kibbutzim in all of Israel. It is mostly involved in the agriculture and tourism of the surrounding area, as well as maintaining a facility of bottled mineral water, directly from Ein Gedi springs. The people of the kibbutz welcome all tourists and treat them with hospitality.
5. Ein Gedi Sea of Spa is the site of the lowest mineral water springs in the world. The site includes sulfur pools, an important feature of the spa, as well as other hot springs and fresh water springs, all available for visiting and soaking into.
6. Ein Gedi Sea of Spa offers its visitors the best spa treatments available. The spa has any type of treatment a spa should have, from mud wraps and hot springs, to massages and aromatherapy.
7. If you’re looking for a place to stay at, Ein Gedi features a guest house near Ein Gedi Sea of Spa for all visitors. The staff will welcome any visitor with hospitality at one of the most comfortable and soothing guest houses in the area.
8. A good tour is a tour where good nutritious food is available. Ein Gedi Sea of Spa features a restaurant with affordable home-cooked healthy meals.